Monday, May 23, 2016

Beauty

One of the great loves I have in photography is portraiture.  Why portraiture and not landscapes or abstracts?  I have this wondering eye always looking at the landscape of each person's face, looking for a special abstract beauty which is emoted by facial characteristics, the way a person looks, and the way a person carries themselves.  It may be someone just passing by, it may be someone sitting at a distance, or someone I see routinely.

I was photographing a young lady the other day, using various street spots for backdrops when this beautiful young woman passed by.  Our eyes caught but she disappeared into a doorway of the office.  A bit later she came out and I invited her to wait for a moment while I took a photograph of her.

 After several snaps with a willing participant, she disappeared down the walkway. 

When I uploaded my day's work, there she was.  So I proceeded to go to work adding my special "soup" to the mix of a pretty lady and a vision of what I wanted her to be.

I'll go out and look for another beauty.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment