Monday, February 1, 2016

Mamma

This image is one from my "Faces of Nepal" Series.  Up in the mountain villages, this is not an unusual sight to behold; a mother publicly nursing her youngster.  This is the most healthy and practical way of feeding an infant among the village women who are poor and not always well fed.  I liked the juxtaposition of the serenity and quietness displayed on the face of the infant verses that of his mother. She has a worried look, a look of apprehension perhaps.



So I recently posted this image on my site at 500px and it barely received notice.  And I wonder why.  Here is a natural, non-sexual, instinctive act committed in love by the mother toward the child.  Some find this offensive.  I find it beautiful.


Tech Information:  Nikon D7000  Nikkor 24-120 @75mm; 100th of a sec; f/5; ISO 160

If you would like to see more of my work, it is here:     https://500px.com/photobyjdp


 

No comments:

Post a Comment